Thursday, December 18, 2014

Brown Sugar Lip Scrub



| Brown Sugar Lip Scrub |

| Recipe | KBStyled

| Photos | Jennifer Glover of Carolina Girl Cooks

Raise your hand if you have chapped unruly lips during the winter months…BOTH of my hands are raised!  My lips become so chapped with the change of the seasons…come November/December, I am constantly struggling with dry, flaky, and often times sore lips.  You won't catch me without lip balm or some type of lip moisturizer in hand during these months.  BUT...just keeping my lips moisturized is simply not enough!

Ridding my lips of flaky dry skin requires an EXCELLENT lip scrub and I always make my own Brown Sugar Lip Scrub.  1.  It is so simple to do and 2.  Making your own lip scrub cost pennies compared to those overpriced scrubs sold in beauty product stores.  Don't get me wrong, I am guilty, I have tried all of those overpriced lip scrubs too but I quickly wised up and realized that I could make my own…gotta love a great DIY project, especially one that is this simple!

TAKE NOTES because you may not be able to remember the ingredients in this scrub ;-) …

| Ingredients |

2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon raw/extra virgin coconut oil (heated just enough so soften)
*double/triple the recipe and store in a glass jar for multiple uses

| Directions |

Mix ingredients until well combined, apply to lips, scrub, scrub, scrub and then wipe off with a warm wash cloth. *finish with a moisturizing lip balm

Using this Brown Sugar Lip Srub one to two times a week and moisturizing your lips daily will help you beat those dry lip blues this winter!

As always, thanks for stopping by!
p.s. let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle…and then, SHINE!

2 comments:

  1. Sustenance - This is clearly a critical point. One must eat to survive. You can lose your home, your activity, your family, and considerably more, however the one thing you can't abandon is sustenance. One of the most effortless ways I've found to spare cash is to "shop-by-ounce." https://www.usacheckcashingstore.com/corona

    ReplyDelete