Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: Alina of The Closet Crush

WELCOME ALINA!


I am so thrilled to welcome Alina to KBStyled!  She is the Owner and Editor of the personal style & beauty blog, The Closet Crush.

Alina was one of the first Bloggers that I began to follow when I started my blogging journey.  Connecting with other Mom's in the fashion blogging world has been amazing and she is one of the most adorable fashionable Momma's that I've met.  Alina has a way with color, textures, and accessories.  Her looks are colorful, trendy, and fun!  She doesn't stray away from pairing a fun funky piece with a more streamlined piece as well.  Adding a pop of color to any outfit is something she does so well and I love that she rocks a red or pink lippie with many of her looks.

Not only does Alina's style make a statement but her kind genuine personality does as well.  She is one of the sweetest most supportive Bloggers that I know and she is smart too!  Alina is the total package!

Read our interview below to learn more about Alina…a Wife/Mom, a Fashion Blogger, and an Esquire…I told you she was the total package!  A special thank you to Alina for being a part of today's post on KBStyled!

Tell me a little bit about yourself and your blog!
I'm 25 years old, married and have a baby boy that is almost 1 year old! I've always always had a passion for fashion.  Something that always made me feel better was retail therapy! I also always loved to help people shop for themselves if they needed help looking for something or if it was me just going and getting it for them! I had a blog about a year and a half ago but it was nothing compared to what I'm doing now.  I love styling pieces together and letting people know where to get the cheapest thing around! I've also created and designed the entire layout of my blog myself - maybe you can tell if it looks mediocre =)

Who or what has influenced your style most?
I mostly looked at magazines to catch a glimpse of what is trending now. Once I got hooked on Instagram last year, I started following several blogs from amazing, talented girls that I keep up with routinely! They include: Pink Peonies, The Sweetest Thing, Southern Curls and Pearls and A Spoonful of Style.

What is your style motto?
It doesn't matter who you are wearing, it matters how you style it.

What 1 word describes your style?
Ah this is hard - trendy?

There are so many influential fashion Designers…if you could wear the clothes of one Designer for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Haha I know this isn't answering it but everything from Forever 21 and designer of handbags and shoes - Tory Burch.



What is your favorite article of clothing?
Boyfriend button up - goes with everything.

What would we find hiding in your closet?
This amazing skirt that I bought from Forever 21 about 5 years ago that I wore but doesn't fit me anymore. I wore it once, but I can't seem to find it in me to let it go!!

What beauty product would we always find in your beauty bag?
Blush and bronzer!

Tell us one thing we wouldn't know about you?
I just passed the NYS bar exam and was just admitted!!! Woohoo!

What one piece of advice would you give to someone considering starting their own blog?  
Do it!! It is so much fun, but will take hard work, dedication and time. Although many people think that it is easy to just post an outfit and link up the products, it can get super time consuming almost like a second job. Aside from my family and my full-time job, this is what I do and almost feel like it's a part-time job slowly growing into full-time.  But I love it and will keep going!  

Gummy bears or sour patch kids?
Sour Patch

If you had to estimate, how many pairs of shoes do you have?  
Over 40

What 3 words would you use to describe your closet?
Crowded, colorful and trendy!









Follow along with Alina's fashion journeyThe Closet Crush and here:











As always, thanks for stopping by!
p.s let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle…and then, SHINE!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I can't wait to go follow her blog now! I am loving that jacket!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I agree, the jacket is chic and a little edgy too, I love it also. Glad to be able to introduce other Bloggers to one another. ;-) xoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete