Friday, November 6, 2015

Black Shift Dress









DRESS C/O // BAG C/O // HEELS C/O // RING C/O

When I say that I survived the week, I really mean I. SURVIVED. THE. WEEK!  It has been such a fun busy week attending the Off the Record event, the CMA awards, a Tom Ford beauty launch event all the while taking care of business as Wifey/Mommy and keeping a tight schedule at work!

Now don't get me wrong...I have enjoyed every moment of this busy week and I am most certainly not complaining, but I will say, thank God that it is almost the weekend.

But who am I kidding...weekends have become just as busy as the workweek.  Our son, Reins, has his first basketball practice at 8am on Saturday morning (guess there is no sleeping until 8:30 on Saturday, which only happens in a blue moon anyway), we will then attend a Fall party at a friend's house, and sometime this weekend we hope to take our kiddos to see "The Peanuts Movie".

Before we know it, history repeats itself, and yet another Monday morning comes which means we will all be yearning to be back in weekend mode!

Speaking of Monday mornings and the workweek, this black color block shift dress from Maggy London is such a perfect piece to wear to the office.  It is comfortable, professional, and chic...put some hosiery on and you have a polished look for the office.  And these sleek retro Zvelle heels add visual interest to this classic style.

 I've styled this look for the working woman on the go but you can also wear this dress for so many other occasions...church, brunch, wedding/baby shower, etc.  Throw a leather jacket on and some booties for a date night out too!

Every woman should have a chic shift dress in their closet...this dress is a classic piece that you will have for years to come.

p.s how gorgeous is this ring from Alta Chic USA?!  

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!  As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

| Photos | Catherine Truman Photo

25 comments:

  1. This looks is gorgeous!! Especially that ring and dress! Love!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is amazing! Your hair is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING!

    xoxo, Preeti
    www.ninesto5.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a classic chic dress! And that bag! Swoon.... Its so fabulous!
    xx, Karen
    GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You are such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this dress! When none of the stars are aligning, I always go with black & white. It never fails!

    www.goldwilldigger.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that dress, so classic and chic + that ring is fabulous!

    Gorgeous as always!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH! Such a classic look! & that ring?! Omg I definitely need to add that to my collection especially during this time of year! :) Kuddos to you for tackling such a crazy week! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always look so great and I love a great black dress!!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a classic dress! Loving that ring too!

    Xo, c.
    The Block is Haute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Classy shift dress!!! Great shoes to go with it! =)

    ~Alyssa~
    shesalyssarenee.com
    Please Check Out My New Online Store Below! Thank you! =)
    policyofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so beyond jealous you went to a Tom Ford beauty launch! AHHHHHH so fun! So much fun stuff you had this past week - good for you lovely lady! I can't imagine how busy you are with kiddos and all of your duties. You are absolutely killing it! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great look! That dress is definitely a classic that can be worn for years!
    Charlene xo
    The Frugal Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing (as always)! I really need hair like you!! ♡♡

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous, classic look! Sounds like a busy, but wonderful week!

    Molly | Hey There Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lady! These photos are killer! You look amazing! Dying over that ring!!

    Sportsanista

    ReplyDelete
  18. The details totally complete this look! You look gorgeous!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty dress! I love that emerald ring!

    Xx,
    Amanda || www.fortheloveofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. your hair is seriously soon gorgeous!! love the color. That ring is to die for, great look! xx

    Audrey Stowe

    www.audreymadstowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this dress! So perfect to wear to the office! And that ring! SO gorgeous!

    Natalie
    www.thefashionhour.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so FAB Brooke! The dress looks amazing on you, and I the shoes and bag perfectly complete your look!!

    xo,
    KayElle

    www.MissKayElle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that are kiddos are in activities, our weekends are just as busy. remember the Saturdays I could stay in my pajamas if I wanted to. You look great in your black and white, which is my favorite color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tami and yes, I can hardly remember those weekends myself! I do love when I can sneak in a little nap every once in a while though! ;-)

      Delete
  24. Another vital actuality to get some answers concerning are any extra expenses should you require an expansion for the credit. The commonplace term for payday credits ranges from 5 to 30 days and for the most part agrees with your next payday. It`s best to obtain the minimum sum you can to save money on expenses and to make reimbursement simpler. Shopping and applying for these credits online makes the entire procedure somewhat quicker. www.usacheckcashingstore.com/san-diego

    ReplyDelete