Monday, January 12, 2015

Tweed On Top, Plaid On Bottom











| Shop the Post

Tweed Jacket: H&M (no longer available but I love this one & this one) | Plaid Pants: New York & Co (no longer available, but I love these) | Black Slouchy Tee: Target | Black Booties: Target (no longer available, similar here) | "Versatile Statement Necklace": Viva la Jewels (use code "kbstyled" for a discount) | Silver Cuff: Rocksbox (www.rocksbox.com use code: brookebff16 to sign up)

| Photos | Sweet Magnolia Photography

I have always loved a classic tweed jacket or blazer but this one is different in that it is trimmed and decorated with faux leather, giving this jacket a much more edgy vibe.  When I bought this jacket, I knew that I would be wearing it season after season and that I would get A LOT of wear out of it.  Tweed and leather (faux or not) never seem to go out of style and carry over nicely into a different season of new trends.  For this look, I paired this jacket with some plaid pants but I also can't wait to style this jacket with some skinny jeans too.  Versatile pieces are essential to have in every closet and this piece defines versatility.  Although this jacket is no longer available at H&M, I have linked up some other gorgeous styles above!

Speaking of "versatile"…I absolutely LOVE this "Versatile Statement Necklace" from Viva la Jewels. It is so gorgeous on and can be worn so many different ways.  It is edgy & chic with a side of rocker glam.  Next up for this necklace may just be some distressed denim, a slouchy white tee, a leather jacket, and some cool sneakers (hair in a top knot with a bright red lip and some aviator glasses).  I might just be channeling a Tom Cruise "Top Gun" look!  Now I just need a motorcycle, ha!

What is the most "versatile" piece that hangs in your closet?!

As always, thanks for stopping by!
p.s. let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle…and then, SHINE!

5 comments:

  1. You pulled off plaid pants perfectly! such a tricky thing to do - now I want to get some :)

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaley! When I bought them, I second guessed them, third guessed them, and then just decided to go for it and now I love them. Thanks for your kind compliment, so glad you think so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the blog of your post, her outfit was awesome and black jacket are fantastic too. I just love her outfit with long nice hairstyle which she has. I am very fond of your blogging and posting. I like it your every posts and also share it to my friends. Thanks for sharing. The Flash Jacket topcelebsjackets

    ReplyDelete
  5. With thousands of copies sold, The Makings of Me book is the perfect gift for weddings, family reunions, birthdays, baby showers and more.



    Share your story

    ReplyDelete