Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Getting Down To Business








| Shop the Post

Boyfriend Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's (this was a steal…found this for $7 and it was the last one, similar here) | White Button-down Shirt: Target | Black Tuxedo Leggings: Old (similar here) | Black Booties: Target (similar here) | Tech Bag: Stella & Dot (no longer available, similar here) | Earrings: Love Baby Frou Frou (no longer available, similar here…use code "kbstyled" for 10% off your order) 

| Photos | Sweet Magnolia Photography

Some days I just like to play dress up and act like I am going to some amazing job, in some glistening tower that touches the clouds, with a chic modern office that overlooks a bustling city.  But the truth is, I hardly ever make it out of my workout clothes because my "amazing job" is spent working in the comforts of my own home, with windows that open to allow fresh air in, overlooking passerby's walking their dogs and strolling their babies.  Not to mention I have the best two assistants around…our two pups, Cali & Carolina.

I hung up my business professional clothes a little over 5 years ago when I started working from my home office and I have never looked back.  There is a tiny corner of my closet that still has a few essential pieces that I can throw on when needed (and sometimes I actually do have to venture into the city or attend an in-person meeting) but rarely do those clothes see the light of day.  You guessed right, not only do I not have to "dress" for work but I also don't have to put on makeup every day or fix my hair…GLORIOUS!

What is my day job you ask?  Well, I work in Global Human Resources/Corporate Recruiting for Bank of America and I am one of the lucky ones who works out of a home office.  I've been with BofA for 7 1/2 years and have worked from home for over 5 of those years…it has been such a blessing and I am so thankful to be able to have a career that provides me with such a great work/life balance.

This look, although not exactly what I would wear to a meeting, reminded me of those days (long ago) when I dressed every day for the corporate world.  I just love a crisp white button down shirt paired with a classic boyfriend blazer and these pieces transition nicely outside of a work environment as well. Having a great tech bag for my laptop (among other essentials) is key too!

What "business professional" options hang in your closet that can also be worn outside of work?

As always, thanks for stopping by!
p.s. let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle…and then, SHINE!

2 comments:

  1. Love that blazer, I can't believe its from Kohls
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi and it was only $7…even harder to believe! I love your velvet, lace & tweed post…so classy! XO

      Delete