Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Belt It













| Shop the Post

Blanket Scarf: SoCal Gems (currently on sale for $24.99 and you can use code KBSTYLED for 10% off your order ((limited quantities)) | Crisp White Button Down: Target | Faux Leather Leggings: TJMaxx (similar here) | Slouchy Black Ankle Booties: Target | Waller "Cheetah" Clutch: Ceri Hoover Bags | Arm Party: Shop Suey Boutique | Silver Filigree Earrings: Shop Suey Boutique (no longer available) | Black Druzy Ring: Wrenn Jewelry (use code KBSTYLED for 15% off your order) | Watch: Daniel Wellington Watches (use code KBSTYLED2015 for 15% off your order…code valid until 1/31/15)

| Photos | Sweet Magnolia Photography

Blanket scarves here, blanket scarves there, blanket scarves EVERYWHERE!  I am not sure what has been bigger this season…plaid, blanket scarves, or PLAID BLANKET SCARVES…I am thinking the later.  I do love a gorgeous scarf to help keep warm during the cold winter months but a blanket scarf takes warmth to a whole new level…is that a scarf around your neck or are you wearing a blanket???  Sometimes it can feel like you are wearing a blanket and I have found that I am not crazy about all of the material high around my neck.  Even with various tutorials out there showing me (and you) exactly how to style and wear a blanket scarf, I have found that I like to wear mine more like a vest, poncho, cape, etc…just not all bundled up around my neck!

So what did I do?!  I took my SoCal Gems blanket scarf and belted it, giving it a more fresh look!  Not to mention, styling the scarf this way kept my upper body warm and made me feel like I was wearing a cozy sweater and not just a scarf.  I polished off this look with my Ceri Hoover cheetah clutch, a fun Shop Suey Boutique arm party, and my Daniel Wellington watch of course!

Would you style your blanket scarves this way?

As always, thanks for stopping by!
p.s. let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle…and then, SHINE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always a fan of the blanket scarf! So cute on you! -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! Thanks so much Shauna, I appreciate you stopping by! XO

      Delete