Monday, April 27, 2015

Max Studio Scarf Dress + Tailored Striped Blazer









| Outfit Details

Dress: Max Studio Scarf Dress - Nordstrom Rack (similar style here) | Striped Blazer: Merona - Target (love this one here) | Tote: BCBG - Stein Mart (no longer available in pink but there are many other color options here) | Shoes: Vince Camuto - Marshall's (similar style here) | Necklace: Stella & Dot (love this one here) | Bracelet: Stella & Dot | Earrings: Stella & Dot | Ring: Wrenn Jewelry (use code "kbstyled" for 15% off)

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend!  Ours was pretty eventful…I completed my 1st ever half marathon under 2:30, YAY!  It feels great to have my first half under my belt and I am already looking at some upcoming 10k's to participate in.  I may have been bitten by the race bug!  And I don't know about you but after such a fun weekend with my family, I definitely have a small case of the Monday blues…if only weekends could be 3 days, right?!

Today's look is all about this Max Studio scarf dress, this Merona tailored striped blazer, and a pretty perfect BCBG tote!  I may not always be able to link the exact item, however I have linked very similar styles above.  I truly hope my looks provide you with overall style inspiration and give you an idea of how to pair pieces.  When buying a dress, I look for something that can be styled multiple ways and that can be worn for various occasions.  Versatility is key to any wardrobe…after all, you want to get the most use out of the clothes that you invest in.  You should absolutely have a tailored striped blazer in your wardrobe…whether it be blue & white, black & white, or any other color, I consider a striped blazer to be a wardrobe staple.  An every day tote is also a staple and this BCBG reversible tote is so gorgeous & affordable…there are so many other great colors to choose from too!

What other items do you consider to be wardrobe staples?!

As always, thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a great start to your week!

40 comments:

  1. Congrats on your half marathon! How exciting. Love this look - the purse and shoes are perfect!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    www.csgemsjewelry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girls, it felt great to get my first half under my belt! Glad you like she shoes and tote too!

      Delete
  2. I love the cut and fit of this dress!! & CONGRATS on that time for your 1st half! SO exciting!!!
    xox
    Kelssey
    www.styledblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really need (yes, I think its a necessity) that I get that scarf dress! Looks super cute - and it looks easy and breezy and just fun to wear! Love it!! www.GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and it is totally easy breezy!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I am loving this combination! And love that you paired the striped blazer over the dress for even more versatility! Love this! XO

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Love the pop of pink with the bag!
    <3 Kastles

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an accomplishment !! Loving those shoes and blazer with this dress! You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I appreciate the congrats and the kind words too! Glad you like the look!

      Delete
  7. Can't believe you did a half marathon! That is awesome! Right now I can barely run a mile without getting tired! Haha you look great!

    XO,
    Emily
    Www.idodeclareblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Emily! Believe me, it took A LOT of training…you could do it!

      Delete
  8. I am loving that dress! So beautiful! Congrats on the race! That's amazing! I literally just ran yesterday for the first time in god knows how long. 20 minutes of HIIT which was not bad!

    To Hell In A Handbag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Olivia! It felt great to accomplish my first! You will be able to get back into it quickly I am sure!

      Delete
  9. That scarf dress is a stunner! It looks so light and airy -- I am in love! You look gorgeous. Way to go on the half-marathon!

    xo, Christina

    http://www.fitnessandfrills.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like this dress and you are totally right, it is so light an airy! Thanks so much for the congrats too!

      Delete
  10. You are so darn stunning! I love your fashion :) xx, Ada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on completing your half marathon!! Wow!! So impressed!! I love this scarf dress on you! I always think of a staple as something that's a solid color to be worn multiple ways! Great post! Hope you have a wonderful week love! Xo

    ig: @stylemelauren
    www.stylemelauren.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Lauren! I agree…solid colors are key for versatility! As much as I love prints I also buy a ton of solids! Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  12. wardrobe staple for me: Striped shirt! Haha I have so many stripes. #help! Looking amazing as usual and congrats again on the half! xoxo A
    The Miller Affect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda and I LOVE striped shirts…B&W especially!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your 1/2 marathon - woo hoo! I love how you mixed these soft prints and you brought out the pink perfectly with that tote! Perfection!

    xoxo
    Brenda
    À LA PLAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brenda! So glad you like this look lady!

      Delete
  14. I am in love with that dress, it is so cute!
    xo, Kyla - KyMarieC

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is awesome, and congrats on the marathon! :)

    xo, Zoe
    www.thepeculiarprep.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pattern mixing of the dress, which is beautiful, and the blazer! Great combo.
    Congrats on your half marathon time, what an accomplishment!
    XOXO Betsy
    www.twopeasinablog.com
    ig: @twopeasinablog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Betsy! Glad you like this look and I appreciate your congrats on my half! xoxo

      Delete
  17. congrats to you!! love this scarf dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! And I am so glad you like this dress…it's one of my new favs!

      Delete
  18. This dress looks so easy and chic, and I LOVE those shoes. Like, in love.

    Jessica Doll
    http://teamwiking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I know! I'm loving these shoes too…I had been looking for a light grey pair and was so glad to stumble across these at Marshall's!

      Delete
  19. that blazer is so pretty and I love the way you styled it!

    http://www.glamour-zine.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this outfit! & congratulations on the half marathon :)

    ReplyDelete