Friday, July 24, 2015

Tied Up in Blue & Orange










| OUTFIT DETAILS

MAXI SKIRT | TOP: H&M (SIMILAR HERE) | DENIM CLUTCH: H&M (LOVE THIS ONE) | FANG PENDANT NECKLACE | VERA BRADLEY PAVE DROP EARRINGS | WATCH: WRISTOLOGY WATCHES (CODE "KB20" SAVES YOU 20%) | SUNGLASSES: DITTO ENDLESS EYEWEAR (TRY YOUR FIRST MONTH FREE WITH CODE "KBSTYLED"



We made it...it's FRIDAY!  This week flew by and I just can't believe we are approaching August so quickly.  I was telling my Hubby last night that it seems like it was yesterday that we were stuck indoors with inches upon inches of snow on the ground.  Time needs to SLOW DOWN!

Outside of dresses, I could live in maxi skirts during the summer months.  I absolutely love the feel of a beautiful maxi skirt...they flow, they fit my figure, and they are versatile.  When I came across this orange maxi skirt I fell in love and knew it would be nicely paired with light blue (another option...navy/white striped top).  Most people aren't drawn to orange but I can say...here in TN, that is a color of choice, especially during football season. ;-)  

A lot of people turn their cheek at orange because they don't feel that they look good in this color or that they can pull it off.  If this is you, I recommend trying it on bottom (so it isn't right by your face) or try wearing pops of orange with your accessories...it really is a fun cheerful color and it may be time to step outside of your comfort zone!

Also, I wanted to share with you all that I have been test driving Ditto's "Endless Eyewear" program and I have been so pleased with their selection of designer sunglasses and their excellent customer service.  Ditto offers a subscription service that allows you to rent designer sunglasses/eyewear with the option to buy if you wish...it is a great way to test drive as many pairs as you would like without having to make a commitment up front  AND, Ditto is so gracious to offer my supporters their first month FREE...code "KBSTYLED" is all you need to try this service for yourself.  These Ray-Ban "Erika" sunnies are my next pick to wear...can't wait to give them a try!

| PHOTOS | Kate Davis Photo

23 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous skirt! The pleats are fantastic. I don't wear enough maxi skirts. They always look so chic. I love how you tied up the blouse. Isn't DITTO great! So nice to try a variety of sunglasses. Enjoy the weekend!
    Katey
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katey and yes, I love DITTO!

      Delete
  2. I love the orange and blue combo- you would think more people would wear them together since they are complementary colors. I have been on the hunt for a good crinkle maxi skirt and this one is goreous!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving these colors together too Elle and thanks so much, glad you l like this maxi!

      Delete
  3. Orange is SERIOUSLY making a major comeback! This maxi looks so beautiful on - love it paired with that blue top! Really a gorgeous combo!
    xx, Karen
    Glam Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen and I couldn't agree more...orange is definitely coming back!

      Delete
  4. Orange is the color I swear! Slowly creeping into everyone's wardrobe! You look great girl! Would love for you to stop by my latest post :)

    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it is! Loved your recent post...the white dress was spectacular and I loved the pops of pink Jessica!

      Delete
  5. You know I always hear Sandra Bullocks voice from the Blind Side saying "I won't wear that gaudy orange it's not in my color wheel" and sometimes I won't buy something just because it's orange, it's a totally football thing, I went to the University of Alabama so I tend to not like any shade of orange. BUT coming from a fashion stand point this skirt is a gorgeous shade of orange and you look stunning as always! xo
    www.styleiseverythingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is too funny Taylor but believe me I get it! I am a Clemson University graduate so I have always worn orange but it can be an acquired taste for some! Give it a try! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Love the orange maxi skirt! I haven't seen one as fun as this and it is so cute!

    BNBstyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love tying up shirts to give them a different look!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed - summer needs to slow down! Here in WI we get tons and tons of snow! Not looking forward to that!! lol. Love this orange skirt on you! And that tie-up top is adorable! <3
    xoxo,
    Amanda | www.TheChambrayBunny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly...slow down summer and eeeekkk, snow, I can't even think about it, haha! Thanks Amanda!

      Delete
  9. SO beautiful! This outfit is picnic perfect! I love the color of that skirt and the tie blouse!!!!

    xoxo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes, this look is gorgeous! I love that picture of you with that big grin on your face, it's beautiful!
    xx, Victoria
    memphismadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Victoria! My photographer has a way of making me laugh!

      Delete
  11. This is a STUNNING combination! I love every single detail. Pinning away for sure!!

    xo, Christina

    Fitness & Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Christina, so glad you like it gorgeous! xoxo

      Delete
  12. This is adorable!! I love the combination of the shirt and skirt
    xx
    Sam | The Heart of the House
    www.theheartofthehouse.com

    ReplyDelete