Monday, July 13, 2015

Summer Daze







| PHOTOS | Sweet Magnolia Photography

TOP: ℅ JESS LEA BOUTIQUE | SHORTS: KOHL'S | HEELS: STEVE MADDEN | BAG: ALDO SHOES | NECKLACE: KENDRA SCOTT | WATCH: ℅ DANIEL WELLINGTON | EYEWEAR: ℅ POLETTE 


Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend!  We went to see Matt Nathanson, The Fray, & Train in concert on Friday night…they put on a great show but boy some of their songs take us WAY back!  Saturday was a fun family day…pool with some friends and then to see the "Minions" movie with our babes and out to "special" dinner as we call it, followed with ice cream.  Normally I'm sad to see the weekend end but I can't complain too much that it is Monday because my birthday is this week, YAY, and I have two days off of work.  Can I get a whoop whoop for week long birthday celebrations and vacation?!

We have really been enjoying summer so far and although it has been super HOT here in Nashville lately, we are finding plenty of ways to stay cool.  Speaking of cool, this off the shoulder "Summer Daze" top from Jess Lea Boutique is the perfect top for staying cool in the heat.  It doesn't get any more perfect than off the shoulder, bell sleeves, gorgeous embroidery, and fringe!  In all honesty, I can't get enough of the off the shoulder trend.  I've paired this top with a pair of black shorts & nude heels to give it more of a dressed up look, however you can wear it with denim shorts & wedges to dress it down more too.  AND I must mention these glasses from Polette…they are so funky and fun, I just can't get enough of them!

Are you also loving the off the shoulder trend?!

Wishing you all a great start to your week and thanks so much for stopping by!

31 comments:

  1. I LOVE DW watches. They are so classic! Your romper is the cutest- I love the tassels on it- they really make it pop:)
    Elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove that top! I'm obsessed with off the shoulder necklines and this looks so cute and comfortable!

    xo Ivette
    http://itgirlapproved.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivette…I'm with you, obsessing over off the shoulder anything this summer. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Those sleeves are gorgeous!!! Also loving that bag!

    xx Bri
    www.Neutral2Neon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri! This bag is half off right now!

      Delete
  4. So jealous! That sounds like a GREAT concert line up! Did you lighten your hair?! It looks so good! Also loving that top, so festive!

    xoxo, Nickie of www.nickieanddime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good line up Nickie! No, I haven't lightened it but I don't normally have it straight so I am guessing it is because it is straight?!

      Delete
  5. LOVE the straight hair on you, and those glasses are so cute! Also, so jealous you saw The Fray - I went to see them for New Year's in Nashville about 3 years ago and they were SO good live! Hope you had a fabulous time!
    xx, Victoria
    memphismadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Victoria, so much fun and we love them too! And thank you for your sweet comments too!

      Delete
  6. Don't you love this top?! I love the black on you! XO

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna…YES! You styled it in blue, which looked amazing on you. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Loving this entire outfit! Even the glasses are super cute!

    Nav || Nav K Brar Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was a dress... so cute! I've been wanting to take my minions to see the movie too but don't know that my one year old will sit through it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I got that a couple of times today…it is a top/shorts. ;-) Yea, probably not…our soon to be 4 year old had a hard time sitting through it!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous! I love that dress and would totally buy it if it was long enough for me :(. it looks perfect on you!! Glad you had a great weekend, I would LOVE to see The Fray!!

    xoxo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, it is actually a top and it would look amazing on you! I paired it with black shorts so I am guessing it can be mistaken for a dress. ;-)

      Delete
  10. What an adorable dress....such a great look for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chandler…it is actually a top! ;-)

      Delete
  11. This dress is AH-dorable! If it has fringe, tassels or pom-poms, I have to get it! We went and seen the "Minions" movie too!

    XO,
    Amanda || www.fortheloveofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, glad you like this look! p.s it is actually a top! ;-)

      Delete
  12. I have to admit that I do love the off the shoulder trend and funny enough, most of my shirts, dresses and things became off the shoulder because I think my left shoulder rips my shirts and dresses when I take them off (I'm a weirdo I know.) Anyway, I love this look & you know I love me some DW watches ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are too funny Ada! Glad you like the look and I am with you…DW watches are AMAZING!

      Delete
  13. Looooove that look! Especially your glasses! I wish I could pull of bigger frames. I'm actually going to get new ones soon so I'm super jealous! But those big arms are so retro but the tassels as a modern look, love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always look so cute! I am loving those glasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU. LOOK. ADORABLE!!! I love this dress and those glasses! Love it! Hope that all is well!

    Sportsanista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute look! Happy early birthday!! <3
    xoxo,
    Amanda | www.TheChambrayBunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love you in glasses, too!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That top is so cute! And I love me some Minions! (Ha ha - such a nerd!) You look fabulous!

    xoxo
    Brenda
    À LA PLAGE style

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your DW! i think i swoon after every one i see. I need to reach out to them....

    Separately - that sounds like a killer line up!! i love all three of them, and they put on great shows. hope you had a blast!!

    xoxo, Elena Michelle
    www.anewyorkloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete