Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Casual May Day



It's May and I'm loving the warmer weather, longer days and beautiful flowers that are blooming all around!  This is also the time of the year when you start to see much more seersucker, especially here in the South.  I’ve never owned a piece of seersucker clothing (I know, shameful considering I am a Southern girl), but I can now say I own an adorable seersucker blazer, found while shopping at Blush, in Nashville, TN.  This piece is super versatile and can be worn so many different ways.  I'm wearing it with jeans for a more casual day look, but I also see it paired with an adorable summer dress for a more dressed up look.  It was a great find and as a Southern girl, I can finally check “owning a piece of seersucker clothing” off of my list.  This blazer will be a staple in my closet from season to season!
Of course, I needed to add some color and interest to my blazer; it's adorable as is, but I like to play with prints, so that's exactly what I did.  I'm completely obsessed with all things cheetah, so when I found this Apt. 9 Crepe Top in “Cheetah Pink” at Kohl’s, I had to have it.  Not to mention, with all of the discounts Kohl’s offers, I got this fabulous top at such a great price.  I love how the print of this top provides a nice contrast to the seersucker blazer.  Love this combination!  This top is also adorable by itself and will get a lot of wear throughout the upcoming Summer months.
Wearing both the blazer and top with jeans exudes a casual, yet polished look.  I would live in comfy jeans if I could.  I'm definitely a jeans girl!  The jeans I'm wearing are super soft and comfortable…they were a find at TJMaxx and I have to say, they are some of the most comfortable jeans I own.  Of course, they were a fantastic, inexpensive find as well.  I completed this look with a Jessica Simpson floral clutch (found at TJMaxx), nude heels (Steve Madden) and last but not least, some gorgeous jewels from Stella & Dot.  All the links to these items are listed below.

Hope you enjoy this casual May Day look and don’t forget to let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle!

Follow KBStyled on Instagram & Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment