Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Beach Vacay Essentials

1. | 2. | 3./4. | 5./6. 7. | 8.

When planning and packing for a family beach vacation, the first thing that comes to mind is simple comforts.  After all, "vacation" is intended to be relaxing and stress free and you want your clothes and accessories to be fuss free as well.  Vacation is a time to let your hair down and give up some of your daily routines.  I truly love not having to fuss over what I am wearing and if that means living in a swimsuit and cover-up the majority of my vacation, I am okay with that!  I also recommend sticking with comfortable clothes that allow for easy on and off and are cooler fabrics, such as cotton.  After all, it is summer and it can be rather hot at the beach or wherever your travels may take you.  Don't forget to pack your sunscreen and some other essentials like a fabulous beach bag, a sun hat, a fun pair of sunnies and some fantastic sandals!  Calling all beach bums!!!
My family and I will be heading to Seagrove, Florida for a week and I wanted to share with you some of the great things I will be packing for myself.  I may just be living in my suits and cover-ups, but I'm also bringing along some easy dresses, as I find they are the most comfortable piece of clothing for summer.  I'll be packing both this paisley print chiffon drawstring romper and this striped mini dress from Good Night Macaroon.  Both are super comfortable and perfect for a casual day look (each can be dressed up too!).  I love a long maxi dress for Summer especially after long days spent on the beach and this season, floral print is on trend.  I adore this long floral maxi dress from H&M…it will provide both comfort and style for shopping the local boutiques or for dinner out with my Hubby.  It's so versatile!

Having a great pair of woven shorts and a cute graphic tee (H&M) goes a long way for a comfortable casual day look as well….wear your shorts over your suit or pair it with a fun graphic tee for a fun family outing or day activity such as bike riding by the beach.  Because I'm loving the floral trend, this season I have selected a floral suit (H&M) with a top that converts by removing the straps.  I love wearing a bandeau top to prevent those unwanted tan lines around your neck!  When selecting my cover-up this year, I chose a gorgeous embroidered tunic top from Good Night Macaroon.  It's simple and classic and can be easily worn over your favorite suit…not to mention, it's very light and breezy!  Lastly, don't forget about a pair of great sandals…I adore these multi-metallic flat sandals (Aldo), which will go with everything and are so easy to slip on and off!  They can be worn on the beach with your swimsuit or with any easy day outfit.  Accessories like a great sunhat, beach bag, and sunglasses are key for your days spent at the beach.  I am slightly obsessed with cute straw hats and this adorable multi-colored hat from H&M is perfect for providing the right amount of coverage while spending time on the beach or by the pool.  Of course, you have to have a great beach bag to tote all of your beach essentials in and I will be carrying this classic navy stripe bag from Stella & Dot, which provides the perfect amount of space for a towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle, etc.  Speaking of sunscreen and sunglasses, I've used La Roche Posay sunscreen for years and I would absolutely recommend spending a little more for an excellent sun protectant.  It's non greasy and feels very light on your skin but doesn't fall short of providing protection from the summer sun.  I love La Roche Posay's tinted sunscreen for the body too!  Last but not least, don't forget to pack your sunnies!  A great pair of classic aviator sunglasses (Ray Ban) will shield the sun for the hours and this style looks fantastic on almost everyone!  Hope you love my beach vacation essentials and if you find yourself heading to the beach this summer, remember…disconnect, relax and ENJOY!

p.s. let your outer beauty be an accessory to your inner sparkle!

1. | 2. 3. | 4. | 5. | 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment