Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Flowers, Egg, & Easter



So they say…”April showers bring May flowers” and all things are abloom here in Nashville!  Easter is fast approaching and like many of you, I will be spending my day with family attending church, eating a delicious brunch and hunting Easter eggs with our children.
Floral is on trend for Spring/Summer 2014 and I can’t get enough of it.  I am especially loving all the rich floral prints. I was immediately drawn to this dress by Jessica Simpson and felt it would be the perfect dress for Easter Sunday.  The combination of blue (both navy and royal), red and yellow is so classic.  I love the subtle floral print, but that it's also accented by stripes on the backside of the dress.  The pairing of floral and stripes is one of my favorite combinations right now.  The little details of this dress are gorgeous too!  The hemline in the back is slightly longer than the front and it has pleats, which adds such beautiful, visual interest to the back of the dress.
After finding my Easter Sunday dress, I was on the hunt for the perfect pair of heels and I stumbled across a gorgeous pair of royal blue heels at Kohl's.  Even better, they were on sale and are still available in stores now!  These heels really brought out the muted royal blue in the dress and compliment it nicely.  My necklace was also a purchase from Kohl’s.  My philosophy is, it never hurts to add a little bit of edge/funk to a feminine dress and I did this with my accessories.  My bracelet, earrings and rings are from Stella & Dot (earrings and bracelet are currently available, rings are from a previous collection) and you can find them here.  The adorable little yellow laser cut clutch was a surprise find at ALDO shoes, which I know this will get a lot of use this Spring/Summer.
I finished off my look with a double bun updo and a beautiful rich matte red lip (Wet n’ Wild lip color in Red Velvet).

Thanks for letting me share my Easter Sunday style with you and I wish you all a beautiful weekend ahead!
XO – kristen brooke



Dress: T.J. Maxx, Jessica Simpson Collection, similar style here.
Necklace: Kohl's
Clutch: ALDO
Shoes: Kohl's
Bracelet and Earrings: Stella & Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment