Wednesday, October 8, 2014

In the beginning



Hey everyone!  I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend.  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here in Greenville this weekend, so it's been tough to be anywhere but outdoors.  I've actually been doing computer work on the porch today.  It might just be the worlds best office on a beautiful day like today.
This is an especially exciting Southern Sundays because I get to introduce you all to one of my very best friends on the planet, Brooke Webb.  Brooke and I met in college at Clemson University and we were roommates our junior and senior year there.  I'm so thankful that after college, we stayed great friends.  Brooke has always been one of the best dressed and most well put together people I know.  She's an absolute pro with hair, makeup and fashion.  Several weeks ago, she started posting some of her styled outfits on Instagram and a little light bulb went off in my head.  Why not have B start contributing her fashion and beauty expertise on Carolina Girl Cooks?!  Luckily for me (and all you fabulous readers) she agreed!  We devised a plan and met halfway in Knoxville, Tennessee this past week for a photo shoot so you all can put a face with a name.  We had a blast running around town taking pictures and then of course topped off our afternoon with a stellar lunch that I'll fill you in on another time.  For an introductory post, I asked her a few questions so you all can get to know a little bit about her.  Stay tuned for more from our new resident go to for all things fashion and beauty!  Welcome B!


10 Questions with Brooke Webb of  kristen brooke~life styled beautifully
1.  Tell us a little about you.
"I'm a wife and Mother of 4 (two furry babies) living in Nashville, TN.  I'm a Southern girl, born and raised in the Carolina's, who has explored living in California, Arizona, and now Tennessee.  I find delight in many things including faith and family, date nights with my Hubby (taste testing our way around Nashville) kissing my kiddos and watching them laugh and play (and sleep peacefully too), snuggling with our pups, couples and girls nights out, laughing out loud (take me to a comedy club and I might be the loudest in there), dancing to hip hop music (one of my nicknames is actually Beyoncé), traveling (especially to a tropical destination - Cayman Islands are a fav spot), dessert (cupcakes are a BIG weakness of mine), reading a book that emotionally engrosses me into the story, reading fashion and beauty blogs, Pinterest, staying fit through Crossfit and dance, cooking (I love making meals for my family and sitting down together), a good TV show (we have too many favs to name), jewels/baubles/accessories and anything that sparkles (frankly I am obsessed with beautiful costume jewelry), going shopping (I am always on the hunt for a good bargain...if it's on sale, it's mine!), beautiful stationary, trying new makeup products, Clemson football, discovering new musicians, being a Stylist with Stella & Dot, and ALL THINGS FASHION AND BEAUTY!!!  I believe in kindness and treating others with love and respect.  I've always been told that "your outer beauty is only as beautiful as your inner beauty" so my motto is...let your outer appearance serve as an accessory to your inner sparkle!!!  And don't forget to laugh a lot along the way!"
2.  How did you get started in the fashion world?
"Being "put together" started at a very young age...I always remember my parents dressing me to a "t" and my Dad blowing out my hair into this sleek little bob.  Over the years I grew to love fashion and frankly become obsessed over my hair, too (not having a hair out of place).  Being introduced to the pageant world at age 13 also really opened my eyes to the fashion industry and I learned so much in this world that shaped my ability to style myself the right way.  Being Southern and also gaining exposure to this industry while living in California and Arizona has given me a whole new perspective on what "style" means.  My first job out of college was as a "Store Analyst" at a women's clothing corporation where I was analyzed trends and allocated merchandise according to buyer trends.  Although my professional career has taken a different direction, my personal passion for the fashion industry hasn't faltered.  I continued on to work with a friend at market in Los Angeles and have dabbled in personal styling as well.  My obsession with beautiful jewels continued and grew even more as I began my own Stylist business, as a hobby for now, with Stella & Dot.  Pinterest and the fashion/beauty blogging world have also played a role in my willingness to take more fashion risks and step outside of the box...mixing patterns has never been more fun!"
3.  Tell us a little bit about your personal style.
"My style is a mix of classic and trendy.  What I wear depends a lot on my mood and the occasion.  One day I may wear something classic, the next day bohemian, and the next trendy.  I like to find unique pieces and although I do follow trends, I typically don't follow fads. I've become much more of a risk taker and appreciate mixing patterns and colors."
4.  What’s your “Golden Rule” of style when getting dressed every day?
"Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful, always accessorize and never leave home without wearing mascara and lipgloss."
5.  What are your top five favorite beauty/fashion accessories?  Something you use/wear every day?
"Maybelline's "Great Lash" mascara in blackest black, Vaseline Rosy Lips, Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow,  my wedding band and my iPhone (oh and chewing gum...I'm always chewing it, so make that 6 things!)"
6.  What is the one item you can’t leave your house without?
"My iPhone (and my wedding band ;-))"
7.  What style do you gravitate towards, even if you don’t technically wear it?
"Bohemian chic, although my closet would never show this, and some days I want to put on hot pink lipstick, high heels and rock Gwen Stefani's style."
8.  Who is your fashion icon?
"This is tough, as I look at and pull ideas from so many icons, classic and modern.  However, when I think about it, there are three that come to mind.  Carrie Underwood and Lauren Conrad, both who are always put together, exuding a classic yet on-trend style.  Olivia Palermo, as she is more of a risk taker and her style always looks effortless."
9.  You currently live in Nashville, what are some local shops that you frequent for good fashion finds?  
"Blush and Philanthropy are great for unique, beautiful finds!"
10.  If you could style anyone for a red carpet event, who would it be?
"Carrie Underwood...I admire her style and feel that our style preferences are similar."

Follow Brooke on Instagram, Pinterest and of course here on Carolina Girl Cooks, for amazing tips on everything from hair and makeup to fashion and accessories.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and great introduction.
    http://stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and read some of my earlier posts! xoxo

      Delete