Monday, January 25, 2016

Stay The Path In Sweaty Betty






| Photos | Sweet Magnolia Photos


Before January 1st of this year, I sat down and thought through my weight loss and fitness goals.  I knew on the first day of this new year, I was going to take steps to make a change...steps to become a better me.

I've always enjoyed working out but I have also gone through phases where I was so dedicated and consistent with my workouts to going weeks without doing anything.

As a follow up to Friday's post (HERE), after Addison's surgery, I stayed home to take care of her throughout her recovery and during that time, I completely stopped working out.  I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted (unfortunately I am a stress eater and I LOVE sweets) so over time the weight piled on...20lbs of extra weight to be exact.

Last year, I ran my first half marathon, which was a HUGE accomplishment for me BUT, I was still eating whatever I wanted, which prevented me from loosing those extra 20lbs.

There was always an excuse not to start eating right and working out...#holidays.  I enjoy food and I don't like depriving myself of the foods that I have always loved.  But there had to come a time when I decided to give myself an opportunity to be fit again, to feel great again, and most importantly to be healthy again.

So, as of today, I am 24 days into Whole 30.  If you haven't heard of or read about Whole 30 (and you are intrigued) I definitely recommend that you check it out.

Basically, the way I am eating has completely changed (no diary, no sugar, no grains, etc)...meats, veggies, fruits, some nuts, and waer...that's what has been on my menu for the past 24 days.

I don't intend to stop at 30 days.  I may relax a little on how stringent the Whole 30 plan is but I truly plan to continue shifting my perspective on food and my relationship with food.  YES, I will eat cheese again, YES I will have wine again, and YES I will have desserts again...just not all of the time.

This post was never intended to be about my weight loss and fitness goals, nor was it intended to educate anyone on Whole 30 (I still have a lot to learn) but I wanted to share some of my personal struggles/journey with you all.  Maybe I will write post about Whole 30 a little closer to the completion of my first 30.

And of course I have to say that I will continue to feel confident in cute workout gear like this Sweaty Betty tunic and leggings as I continue to lose weight.  I actually really look forward to investing in new workout gear as part of my journey towards a more strong healthy me.

Have you set any health/fitness goals for yourself this year?!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by...have a great start to your week!


15 comments:

  1. Working out and staying healthy is such a struggle especially in the winter! Love that bag :)
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Good news is I'm working out at home, which helps so I don't have to get out in the cold! And thanks girl, the bag is fun!

      Delete
  2. Cute workout style! Love the colorful leggings! =)

    ~Alyssa~
    shesalyssarenee.com
    Shop My New Online Store Below! =)
    policyofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some friends doing the whole 30 challenge and so far they like it! I am glad you like it and are going to continue it. Sweaty Betty has cute gear!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tunic - I would wear that every-single-day in lounge in! You look fabulous... glad you're enjoying the Whole 30! Maybe I'll try it too!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't stop, get it get it! you can never have enough black/grey gear. Sweaty Betty is the bomb. Oh, and food is a huge struggle for me. I have a problem with chips!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pants! SO glad you have been keeping up with your fitness goals- a lot of people say they are going to go it and then end up not doing it at all.

    xx,
    Amanda || www.fortheloveofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of the biggest fans of Sweaty Betty attire, I just can't get enough. I just got a ski jacket for my trip to Norway & Germany and I am BEYOND excited to rock it out on the mountains (as long as I don't break my limbs!) but it's going to keep me warm. I love all of their athletic wear, sportswear, just allll of it and it's all such great quality! Did I mention you look like a total goddess? Get it! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so interested in Whole 30! I've been loving following along with your snaps! I am going to have to check it out!

    I'm also loving this workout look! We just got Sweaty Betty at the mall near me, and now I'll definitely be checking it out! So cute

    XO! Kaitlin | Blonde Expeditions

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute workout look! Staying healthy and strong is always a goal of mine. I've been a really healthy eater over the past year but some days I do indulge. I try to get right back on track the next day
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful and in such great shape! Always so flawless!
    xo
    Lauren Ashley
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Sweaty Betty but am always looking for good, affordable, and quality workout clothes. I swear I wear them more than anything else. I'd love to know more about your Whole 30 experience - please do share!

    Wow! What a beautiful coat, I bet you never want to take it off. I get my husband a really nice Zara coat for Christmas - next year I need to add a coat to my list too!

    x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. WERK lady! Loving this look and those sunnies! You look stunning!
    Sportsanista

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have me wanting to hit the gym!! Love this workout gear. I always am more apt to actually go to the gym when I have on cute stuff. I need to check out this brand!

    Cameron Proffitt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man, I'm just like you when it comes to trying to watch what I eat. The hard thing for me is that my body feels deprived and I get extra hunger pains which makes it almost unbearable. And not to mention the headaches that came with it all. uuugh.

    ReplyDelete