Friday, July 1, 2016

Tackling Acne with ZAPZYT

*Thank you ZAPZYT for kindly sponsoring this post.  All opinions are my own.





Photos || Madi Flournoy Henderson


Who would have thought that I'd still be fighting acne from time to time?!  Not me.  I assumed that those days were long gone but just as the tides change (so do hormones) and I've been fighting acne yet again.

My breakouts are nowhere near what they were during my teenage years but there are enough of those pesky pimples to need a regimen that quickly knocks them out...insert ZAPZYT.

Those red little nuisances visit when I get stressed or when I don't stay on top of my skincare routines.  Beyond a small pimple here or there I have also been getting cyst like pimples, mostly in my chin area, and those bad boys HURT!  Has anyone else suffered through growing a painful mountain on your chin?!

Of course I have such a hard time keeping my hands off of them (let's be honest, who can resist popping a pimple).  Yep, it's GROSS, but I know you ALL do it too!  I end up poking and prodding so much that it ends up leaving a scar on my face.  

And since we are being totally honest here...I always try and pop them before they are truly ready to be popped.  Obviously I don't have patience to sit around and watch a pimple grow and develop so I try to move it along...in my mind, the sooner it can be popped, the sooner it will go away.  Probably not the best approach but I just can't resist the temptation.

I've used a variety of products and often times I feel that all they do is irritate my skin and dry my skin out!  So when ZAPZYT asked if I'd like to try their products, I didn't think twice.

I've tried their Pore Clearing Scrub, the Pore Treatment Gel, the Acne Wash, and the Acne Treatment Gel and have been very pleased with all 4 products.  I recommend that you start out slowly and then increase your daily usage to avoid drying out your skin.

I started using these products at a time when I had a break out to see if I noticed an immediate difference and within a week, I noticed that the pimples had disappeared and that overall redness had gone down.  Now, at the time I started, I only had a few pimples on my face but I definitely feel that it the products worked well for me and my skin.  I used a very thin layer of the gel to ensure I wasn't putting too much product on and that seemed to work just fine.

ZAPZYT is definitely worth trying if you are suffering from acne.  You should also know that it is soooooo affordable too, which was a HUGE plus for in my book.  I've spent so much money on expensive creams, washes, gels, etc so it was refreshing to try something that works at a super reasonable price point.  Interested in giving their products a try?!  You can find ZAPZYT products HERE.  

I'm also excited to share that ZAPZYT has so kindly offered to GIVEAWAY a full set of products to 5 KBStyled supporters!  All you have to do is leave a comment below, sharing your personal story with acne and if you are one of the first 5 to comment, you will receive a full set of products!  PLEASE note, you will need to leave your email address along with your comment so I can contact you directly, should you win, to collect your mailing address so the products may be shipped directly to you.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing your personal acne story as well!  Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

36 comments:

  1. I will definitely need to check this stuff out. Out of nowhere I've started getting pimples when I have never had them in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have struggled with acne since I was 16 (I'm now 30) ��
    It has come & gone in waves but never fully cleared up. I hate it & think it's such a self esteem killer :( for anyone dealing with it no matter the severity.

    I just had my first baby and for some reason I broke out like a maniac, I would love to give this a try!!!!

    P.s. You are such a babe Brooke! Xo

    minnielarsen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried lots of different acne products over the years. Still fighting into my 30s! Would love to try it! etc726@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My skin is actually quiet good. But when i eat unhealthy and lots of sugar you can see that in my face cause you can see the acne on my chin and around my mouth. And of ourse that one time in the month for us ladys i suffer with huge breakouts as well. I trie to keep my skincare up, so the acne has no chance. I would live to test these product's and see if they work for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 39 and have dealt with cystic acne since I was 15. I have scars on my face and body and have tried every product out there (except this one!)
    I have heard wonderful things. Thanks for sharing your review.

    mgunnell77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These products are working for you! Your skin always looks great to me! I haven't personally struggled with acne but I have been buying different products left and right for my son who just recently turned 13! Those little pimples are popping up everywhere! I'd love to try for him! Thestyledwife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 22 years old and still have acne. Thought once I was out of high shook it would go away. Have tried different products but haven't found the one. Defiantly need to try this! Would love to be more confident with my face. Btw. Love your blog!
    Katalina.anderson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My acne decided to start revisiting me in my 30's and tbe tricks I used when I was a teen no longer work. Hormonal acne is a beast. I started a great new regimen that keeps my skin looking great now, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My acne decided to start revisiting me in my 30's and tbe tricks I used when I was a teen no longer work. Hormonal acne is a beast. I started a great new regimen that keeps my skin looking great now, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried the Zapzyt products because I am nervous to try new products on my sensitive skin. Do they have a specific sensitive skin product? I love trying out new skincare products as long as I can do a little patch test first!

    -Betsy
    www.goldwilldigger.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you are radiant! Your skin looks flawless. I'll have to checkout this product!

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a helpful post, thank you for sharing! And I agree with Greta, you're glowing!!
    Hayle

    www.hayleolson.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really struggled with hormonal acne the past few years. For the most part my skin has leveled out this pregnancy so we'll see what happens postpartum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These last few months have been particularly stressful for me with the office and life. As a result, I have been getting more breakouts than I care to admit! Ugh. So glad to hear of this line - I'll definitely have to check it out! Have a great weekend, love! XO

    Anna || A Lily Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  15. i had the cystic ones on my chin and finally went to the dermatologist, after trying everything. I pretty much have it under control right now, but will remember this!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate getting breakouts now that I'm in my mid twenties! like no, those should be reserved for teenagers, right?! ha!
    I switched to a more all natural skin care routine and it's worked wonders on my skin!
    xo,
    Taylor | www.styleiseverythingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to try this stuff I have such bad zits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to try this! I never would have thought I'd still be fighting acne at this age!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. My daughter has tried some acne products that were a waste of money. I'm looking forward to picking this up for her to try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have battled with acne for such a long time and I still have to worry about it now and the funny thing is I never had it in high school! This brand sounds really good I need to check it out! Thanks for sharing.

    xoxo
    Brooke | InaWorldofBees,There'sMe

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need this! Since turning 30, my acne has been out of control! I don't know what's happening but it's not cool. I am willing to give this a go!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These products sound fantastic! I'm always searching for a way to solve my minor adult/hormonal acne! If only we could all have clear skin without a worry!!
    xx, Bri || www.Neutral2Neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never heard of these products, but I love hearing about affordable options!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never tried these products, but I need to check out the treatment gel for those pesky blemishes. Gorgeous photos as always, girl! <3

    xo, Mae | Mae Amor

    ReplyDelete
  25. Girl, I'm right there with you! I'm definitely going to check this brand out. Thank you for sharing!

    PS - you're looking beautiful, as always! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of thanks for this post.I think it is a very good post. It helps us many away. So many many thanks for this article..accutane alternative

    ReplyDelete
  27. When you are searching for the very best acne remedy, you need to know that genetics play a large role in identifying the skin structure. http://www.thedermreport.com/isosensuals-tight/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Retin A was first synthesized as an acne treatment around 25 years ago. Since then the formula has been revised time and again to create better and more improved version of Retin A cream to treat skin conditions.Retin-A Cream

    ReplyDelete
  29. I used a very thin layer of the gel to ensure I wasn't putting too much product on and that seemed to work just fine.shop now

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your blogs and every other content is so entertaining and useful It makes me come back again.benefits of alpha lipoic acid

    ReplyDelete
  31. How wonderful a blog can be, who could have imagined. Thanks to the author.satin night suit

    ReplyDelete
  32. A paste made from fenugreek leaves can be applied at bed time and washed off with warm water in the morning to prevent acne and pimples. get rid of acne fast

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Blackhead gel

    ReplyDelete
  34. very nice put up, i definitely love this web site, carry on it como quitar los granos

    ReplyDelete